Hello, it’s Robyn with you today sharing a floral card featuring the new Darkroom Door Mesh Texture Stamp
. I think this is my favourite of the new Texture stamps
released, it will be so versatile for cardmaking, scrapbooking and particularly art journaling. The pattern is slightly larger or more open than the Mesh Background Stamp
so they will look great used in the same project.
1. Trim a piece of kraft cardstock to suit the card front. Stamp with the Darkroom Door Mesh Texture a few times using clear Versamark ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder.
2. Stamp some flowers from the Darkroom Door Carved Flowers rubber stamp set using Archival Vermillion ink and trim closely.
3. Stamp a greeting from the Darkroom Door Bright Blossoms Vol 2 stamp set onto kraft cardstock using Brilliance Graphite Black pigment ink. Heat emboss with clear powder and trim closely.
4. Trim a layer for the greeting from a scrap of kraft cardstock. Sponge Archival Vermillion ink over the kraft cardstock to create a layer colour which will tone well with the floral images. Add to card front with foam tape.
5. Tear a strip of white vellum and layer onto card front, add a length of ribbon over the top.
6. Arrange the flowers so that they overlap slightly and attach. Raise one flower using foam tape for some added dimension.
7. For a finishing touch, add spots of white to the flowers using a white gel pen or paint pen.
• Angle the Mesh Texture stamp for variety and interest. Try to have some of the images bleed off the edge.
• Don’t worry if specks of white embossing powder land where they shouldn’t – it will add to the messiness of the card background.
• Run the length of ribbon around the card edges and affix on the back of the card for a cleaner finish.
Darkroom Door Mesh Texture Stamp
Darkroom Carved Flowers Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Bright Blossoms Vol 2 Rubber Stamp Set
Tsukineko Versamark ink
White embossing powder
Clear embossing powder
Ranger Archival Ink – Vermillion
Tsukineko Brilliance Graphite Black
White gel pen or white paint pen
White vellum, ribbon
I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this simple card. The design is very easy to copy with whatever stamps you have as the solid images can be swapped out with coloured line drawn images. Why not try images such as the Frangipani from the Darkroom Door Full Bloom Vol 2 set or perhaps group a few coloured butterflies from the Darkroom Door Wings set? Don’t forget to pop in and share your creations in the Darkroom Door Inspiration Facebook page
. I’d love to see them!
Until next time,